Congratulations! You’ve decided to get an inground pool installed in your back yard. We know you’re following the standard rule of getting multiple estimates for your new pool. But how do you choose between swimming pool contractors? Of course, we hope you’ll choose Mid Atlantic Pool Service to build your inground pool, but even if you don’t, we wanted to provide some tips to help you find the right pool contractor for you.
First, make sure all of the swimming pool contractors meet these basic requirements:
- Licensed and insured
- Local – you want them to be able to come fix problems or service your pool in a timely fashion
- Been in business for at least 5 years – this means they’ll be here next pool season
- Tell you who their pool product suppliers are
- Tell you how many pools they built last year
- Give you a clearly itemized estimate, breaking down parts, labor etc.
- Gives you a firm window of when they can start construction
- Estimate explains how payment will work and when money is due
- Will give you lots and lots of references in your area
All things being equal (and remember, you may not always want to go for the lowest price, because you get what you pay for), that last one about references is a big one. . If the pool contractor says he built 20 pools last year but only gives you three references, ask for more. Surely more than 3 of his customers were satisfied!
Ask for references from the last couple of years, and call those folks. Maybe even ask to see their pool. Get a feel for what it’s like to work with each contractor. If you have a gut feeling, follow your gut.
If you’re looking for a pool contractor in the greater Baltimore County area, we’d be happy to provide you with a detailed estimate on your new inground pool. We build both concrete pools and vinyl pools, and as a full service pool company, we offer pool repairs, pool maintenance, pool supplies and more. Call us today at 410-598-9740.